The CA95 digital piano has same features as the CA-65 with more voices (80 voices), a more powerful speaker system (4 top speakers, 2 full range speakers) and more piano exercises.
Grand Feel wooden-key action with Ivory Touch key surfaces and ‘Let-Of’ mechanism.
The instrument’s new Grand Feel keyboard action reinforces Kawai’s reputation as an industry leader, utilising real wooden keys with luxurious Ivory Touch surfaces, and incorporating premium features such as Let-Off simulation and triple-sensor key detection.
The new Grand Feel keys are longer than any other digital piano keyboard action, with the pivot point distance extended to match that of a Kawai grand piano :
Complementing the grand piano-class key pivot length, the Grand Feel action also features a new triple-sensor key detection system for enhanced playing realism. The third sensor improves responsiveness when playing the same key repeatedly, and also allows the sound of a single note to be gradually ‘layered’ without the previous tone being lost.
In addition, improvements to the Concert Artist’s sound hardware also permit the speed at which keys are lifted to influence the release character of piano sounds, providing a greater range of expressive detail between staccato and legato playing.
Additional counter-weights placed at the front of the bass keys help to lighten their heavier touch during pianissimo passages, with let-off simulation also reproducing the delicate ‘notch’ sensation felt when playing the keys of a grand piano very softly..
The exceptional Concert Artist CA-95 features Kawai’s highly regarded Ivory Touch key surfaces as standard. This finely textured material gently absorbs fingertip perspiration and oils to assist playing control, and possesses a natural, matte finish that is smooth but not slippery.
Harmonic Imaging XL (HI-XL) with 88-key piano sampling
When playing a fine piano, the amount of pressure applied to the keyboard affects not only the volume of the sound produced, but also the unique tonal character of each note. Therefore, in order to construct a realistic acoustic portrait of the EX concert grand piano, not only is each key recorded individually, but also at various different volume levels, ranging from gentle pianissimo to thunderous fortissimo.
The new Concert Artist offers a highly detailed acoustic portrait, with Harmonic Imaging XL technology ensuring smooth tonal transitions across the keyboard and throughout the entire dynamic range.
With expanded piano sound memory, the new Concert Artist boasts the largest sample size of any Kawai digital piano. This ‘eXtra Long’ standard of Harmonic Imaging technology extends the important attack portion of the piano sound by up to 120%, articulating the natural detail and resonance characteristics of each note more clearly, and improving the instrument’s organic tonal quality overall.
Strong selection of additional instrument sounds
Supplementing the realistic acoustic piano voices, the CA95 digital pianos also feature an excellent selection of 80 additional instrument voices.
Superior speaker system The Concert Artists feature high fidelity speaker systems that have been specially designed to deliver deep bass and crisp treble frequencies, with the flagship CA95 piano also incorporating an improved version of Kawai’s highly-regarded Soundboard Speaker System.
As with the original design, this unique audio technology embraces the rich, harmonic qualities of wood, channelling sound energy onto a spruce soundboard to produce an organic tone. The redeveloped system further advances this concept, utilising longer soundboard ribs that broaden the frequency range and volume of the resonating sound. The result is a remarkably authentic playing experience that immerses the performer, and faithfully reproduces the tonal ambience of an acoustic piano.
Virtual Technician adjustments to personalise the instrument’s character
The CA95 digital pianos’ Virtual Technician feature allows various characteristics of the selected acoustic piano, electric piano, or harpsichord sound to be shaped at the touch of a button, with settings to adjust voicing and regulation, string and damper resonances, and subtle hammer, damper, and key release noises. It is even possible to adjust the precise tuning and volume of individual notes, before saving one’s personal configuration to an on-board registration memory.
USB to Device functionality, with MP3/WAV file recording and playback
The Concert Artist is equipped with modern USB connectors that not only allow the instrument to be connected to a computer for MIDI use, but also to load and save data to USB memory devices directly.
This latter USB to Device functionality allows favourite instrument settings, registrations, and memorable recorder songs stored in internal memory to be safely preserved on USB, or standard MIDI files (SMF) downloaded from the internet to be listened to using the instrument’s exquisite Harmonic Imaging XL sounds without additional hardware.
USB memory devices can also be used to play back MP3 or WAV audio files, allowing musicians to learn the chords or melody for a new piece, or to simply play along with their favourite songs. It is even possible to save performances as MP3 or WAV files for emailing to friends and family, listening to on the move, or for further editing using an audio workstation.
- Keyboard 88 wooden keys with Ivory Touch key surfaces / Grand Feel (GF) action with Let-Off and Triple Sensor
- Internal Sounds 80
- Sound Source Harmonic Imaging™ XL (HI-XL), 88-key piano sampling
- Polyphony max. 256 notes
- Reverb Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral
- Reverb Parameters Reverb Depth, Reverb Time
- Effects Stereo Delay, Ping Delay, Triple Delay, Chorus, Classic Chorus, Tremolo, Classic Tremolo, Auto Pan, Classic Auto Pan, Phaser, Rotary, Combination effects x 4, Amplified Effects x 3
- Effects Parameters Dry/Wet, Time, Speed, Mono/Stereo, Accel./Rotary Speed – Parameters dependent on effect.
- Keyboard Modes Dual Mode, Split Mode, Four Hands Mode (Volume/Balance adjustable)
- Touch Curves Light+, Light, Normal, Heavy, Heavy+, Off (Constant), User 1, User 2
- Temperament Equal Temperament (Equal Piano Only), Pure Temperament (Major), Pure Temperament (Minor), Pythagorean, Meantone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Equal Temperament (Flat), Equal Temperament (Equal Stretch), USER Temperament
- Internal Recorder 10 song, 2 track recorder – approximately 90,000 note memory capacity
- USB functions: Audio Playback MP3: 32 kHz/44.1 kHz/48 kHz, Mono/Stereo, Bit Rate: 8-320 kBit/s (constant & variable) WAV: 32 kHz/44.1 kHz/48 kHz, Mono/Stereo
- USB functions: Audio Recording MP3: 44.1 kHz, 16 bit, Stereo, 192 kBit/s (constant) WAV: 44.1 kHz, 16 bit, Stereo, 1,411 kBit/s (uncompressed)
- Further USB functions Load Internal Song, Load Registration, Load User Memory, Save Internal Song, Save SMF Song, Save Registration, Save User Memory, Rename File, Delete File, Format USB, Convert Song to Audio, Overdub Audio
- External Media USB Stick, USB Disk Drive, USB Harddisk
- Metronome 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8 + 100 drum rhythms
- Virtual Technician Intonation, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, String Resonance, Key-off Effect (incl. Key-off Release), Fall-back Noise, Hammer Delay, Topboard, Decay Time, Soft Pedal Depth, User Temperament, Key of Temperament, Stretch Tuning, User Tuning, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Minimum Touch
- Registrations 16 memories
- Sonstige Features : Key/Song Transpose, Tone Control (incl. User EQ), Speaker Volume, Phones Volume, Line In Level*, Line Out Volume, Audio Recorder Gain, Wall EQ*,ambitious musical works, with smoothly bevelled edges and simulated & Functions Tuning, Damper Hold, Four Hands, LCD Contrast, User Memory, Factory Reset, Lower Octave Shift, Lower Pedal On/Off, Split Balance, Layer Octave Shift,Layer Dynamics, Dual Balance, MIDI Channel, Send PGM#, Local Control, Transmit PGM#, Multi-timbral Mode, Channel Mute, Auto Power Off
- Lesson Fonction 326 exercises de Czerny, Burgmüller, Beyer, Bach und Hanon (with scores). In addition, finger training with 4 scales (major, n.Moll, h.Moll, m.Moll), 2-arpeggios, 2 cadence and 2 chord exercises in all keys with each scoring function
- Piano Music 29 Songs
- Concert Magic Songs 176
- Display 128 x 64 pixel LCD with backlight
- Pedals Sustain (with half-pedal support), Soft, Sostenuto. Grand Feel Pedal System
- Finishes Premium Satin Black or Premium Rosewood
- Jacks LINE IN (L/MONO, R), LINE IN Level Adjust, LINE OUT (L/MONO, R), Ecouteurs x 2, MIDI (IN/OUT), USB to Host, USB to Device
- Speaker System 4 x 7cm, 2 x 1,4cm speakers and Soundboard Speaker System
- Output Power 45 W x 2 + 45 W transducer
- Power Consumption 55W
- Dimensions 146,5 (B) x 47,5 (T) x 93,0 (H) cm
- CA95 sample