A digital piano that will transform enthusiastic players into accomplished pianists, and modest homes into grand concert halls. This is the ambitious philosophy behind the Concert Artist digital pianos – a premium instrument that captures the essence of playing a magniﬁcent concert grand piano, and inspires musicians to realise their true artistic potential.
To achieve this ambition, every aspect of the new Concert Artist has either been redeveloped or signiﬁcantly improved, ensuring that this ﬂagship instrument provides the most authentic playing experience of any digital piano.
Grand Feel wooden-key action with Ivory Touch key surfaces and ‘Let-Of’ mechanism.
The CA65 digital pianos utilise Kawai’s latest Grand Feel wooden-key keyboard action, which draws upon 85 years of acoustic piano craftsmanship to provide an exceptionally realistic playing experience.
As with a grand piano, all eighty-eight black and white keys are crafted entirely from long pieces of wood, pivoting on a central balance pin in a smooth, seesaw-like motion.
The new Grand Feel keys are longer than any other digital piano keyboard action, with the pivot point distance extended to match that of a Kawai grand piano :
When the front of a key is pressed down, the rear rises, throwing a hammer which plays the note. These hammers are graded in size and weight, replicating the heavier bass and lighter treble notes of an acoustic grand piano, while additional counter-weights embedded within the lower keys help to lighten their touch during pianissimo passages.
The Grand Feel keyboard action even reproduces the subtle let-of sensation felt when playing the keys of a grand piano very softly, satisfying the expectations of even the most discerning pianists. Finally, the Grand Feel keyboard action features Kawai’s Ivory Touch key surfaces as standard. This finely textured material gently absorbs moisture to assist playing control, and possesses a natural, matte finish that is smooth, but not slippery.
Harmonic Imaging XL (HI-XL) with 88-key piano sampling
TheCA65 digital pianos capture the beautiful sound of Kawai’s highly acclaimed hand-built EX concert grand piano, with all 88 keys of this exceptional instrument meticulously recorded, analysed and faithfully reproduced using the latest Harmonic Imaging™ XL sound technology. This unique process accurately recreates the broad dynamic range of the original grand piano, affording pianists an extraordinary level of expressiveness ranging from the softest pianissimo to the strongest, boldest fortissimo.
With expanded piano sound memory, the new Concert Artist boasts the largest sample size of any Kawai digital piano. This ‘eXtra Long’ standard of Harmonic Imaging technology extends the important attack portion of the piano sound by up to 120%, articulating the natural detail and resonance characteristics of each note more clearly, and improving the instrument’s organic tonal quality overall.
Strong selection of additional instrument sounds
Supplementing the realistic acoustic piano voices, the CA65 digital pianos also feature an excellent selection of additional instrument sounds, ranging from electric pianos and draw-bar and church organs, to strings, brass, and woodwind instruments, inviting musicians to add greater variety to their performances.
Furthermore, the Dual playing mode also allows two different sounds, such as grand piano and strings, to be layered together, while the Split and Four Hands modes divide the keyboard into two independent sections. The volume balances for each playing mode can also be adjusted quickly and easily using the real-time panel controls.
Superior speaker system
The model CA65 features high fidelity speaker system that has been specially designed to deliver deep bass and crisp treble frequencies.
Virtual Technician adjustments to personalise the instrument’s character
The CA65 digital pianos’ Virtual Technician feature allows various characteristics of the selected acoustic piano, electric piano, or harpsichord sound to be shaped at the touch of a button, with settings to adjust voicing and regulation, string and damper resonances, and subtle hammer, damper, and key release noises. It is even possible to adjust the precise tuning and volume of individual notes, before saving one’s personal configuration to an on-board registration memory.
USB to Device functionality, with MP3/WAV file recording and playback
The CA65 digital pianos are equipped with USB connectors that not only allow these instruments to be connected to a computer for MIDI use, but also to load and save data to USB memory devices directly. This ‘USB to Device’ feature allows instrument settings or recorded songs stored in internal memory to be saved to USB for posterity, or standard MIDI files (SMF) downloaded from the internet to be conveniently played back without additional hardware.
USB memory devices can also be used to play back MP3 or WAV audio files, allowing musicians to learn the chords or melody for a new piece, or to simply play along with their favourite songs. It is even possible to save performances as MP3 or WAV files for emailing to friends and family, listening to on the move, or for further editing using an audio workstation.
Wide range of connectivity options
The CA65 digital pianos features a variety of connectivity options, with Line-level output jacks that allow the instrument to be enjoyed in larger settings such as churches and schools. Standard MIDI and ‘USB to Host’ connectors ensure flexibility when using computers and other electronic instruments, while the Line-in jacks provide a convenient method of mixing in audio from a laptop, tablet, or other digital device.
- Keyboard 88 wooden keys with Ivory Touch key surfaces / Grand Feel (GF) action with Let-Off and Triple Sensor
- Internal Sounds : 60
- Sound Source : Harmonic Imaging™ XL (HI-XL), 88-key piano sampling
- Polyphony max. 256 notes
- Reverb Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral
- Reverb Parameters Reverb Depth, Reverb Time
- Effects Stereo Delay, Ping Delay, Triple Delay, Chorus, Classic Chorus, Tremolo, Classic Tremolo, Auto Pan, Classic Auto Pan, Phaser, Rotary, Combination Effects x 4, Amplified Effects x 3
- Effects Parameters Dry/Wet, Time, Speed, Mono/Stereo, Accel./Rotary Speed – Parameters dependent on effect.
- Keyboard Modes Dual Mode, Split Mode, Four Hands Mode (Volume/Balance adjustable)
- Touch Curves Light+, Light, Normal, Heavy, Heavy+, Off (constant), User 1, User 2
- Temperament Equal Temperament (Equal Piano Only), Pure Temperament (Major), Pure Temperament (Minor), Pythagorean, Meantone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Equal Temperament (Flat), Equal Temperament (Equal Stretch), USER Temperament
- Internal Recorder 10 song, 2 track recorder – approximately 90,000 note memory capacity
- Metronome 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8 + 100 drum rhythms
- Virtual Technician Intonation, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, String Resonance, Key-off Effect (incl. Key-off Release), Fall-back Noise, Hammer Delay, Topboard, Decay Time, Soft Pedal Depth, Stretch Tuning, User Tuning, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Minimum Touch, Minimum Touch
- Registrations : 16 memories
- Other Features : Key/Song Transpose, Tone Control (incl. User EQ), Speaker Volume, Phones Volume, Line Out Volume, Audio Recorder Gain, Tuning, Damper Hold, Four Hands, LCD Contrast, User Memory, Factory Reset, Lower Octave Shift, Lower Pedal On/Off, Split Balance, Layer Octave Shift, Layer Dynamics, Dual Balance, MIDI Channel, Send PGM#, Local Control, Transmit PGM#, Multi-timbral Mode, Channel Mute, Auto Power Off
- Lesson Function Finger exercises + Alfred lesson books
- Piano Music 29 Songs
- Concert Magic Songs 176
- Display 128 x 64 pixel LCD with backlight
- Pedals Sustain (with half-pedal support), Soft, Sostenuto. Grand Feel Pedal System
- Finishes : Premium Satin Black, Premium Rosewood or Premium Cherry
- Jacks LINE IN (L/MONO, R), LINE IN Level Adjust, LINE OUT (L/MONO, R), Headphones x 2, MIDI (IN/OUT), USB to Host, USB to Device
- Speaker System : 2 x 13cm + 2 x 5cm speakers
- Output Power : 2 x 50W
- Power Consumption : 45W
- Dimensions : 144,0 (B) x 47,0 (T) x 90,5 (H) cm
- Weight : 73 kg
- CA95 sample