Portable Grand Button
Enjoy Yamaha’s world-famous grand piano sound The Portable Grand button instantly recalls a great sounding piano "covering" the keyboard’s full range. Playing piano is fast and easy with Yamaha’s Portable Grand function. One dedicated button brings up a great sounding piano, stunningly rich and authentic in its sound.
Yamaha Education Suite™ (Y.E.S.): Learn How To Play Now!
The YPT-220 has 102 built-in songs for you to learn to play, using the Yamaha Education Suite. The songs are separated into left and right hand parts, providing 7 levels of lessons plus a convenient chord dictionary.
Three keyboard lessons for each hand:
- Lesson One – LISTEN & LEARN the melody or rhythm of a selected song
- Lesson Two – TIMING mode allows you to play the melody or chord by pressing any key using the correct timing
- Lesson Three - WAITING mode stops the playback of a song until you find the correct note and then continues
- Lesson Grading – monitors your progress as you practice each lessons two and three and gives you a grade.
- Chord Dictionary – shows you how to play chords and tells you which chords you are playing by displaying the notes and chord name on the LCD screen.
Sound Effect Kit: Have Some Fun!
If your student doesn’t think playing keyboard is cool, wait ’til he hears this keyboard! Get the world of Hip Hop and all the hottest sound effects in your Yamaha keyboard. Push the Sound Effect button, hold down a key with your right hand, and you’re groovin’!
Computer Connectivity: General MIDI (GM) Compatible
The music pathway to your computer and the Internet is MIDI. It’s the way that keyboards communicate with computers. And because the YPT-220 is both General MIDI (GM) and XGlite compatible, you have access to thousands of MIDI song files on the Internet.
32 Note Polyphony and 16 Part Multi Timbrel
In electronic keyboards, the more sounds made at the same time – polyphony – the more memory is needed. Obviously, more is always better, because too little polyphony can cause dropouts in dense passages of music. Some keyboards at this price point have only 12-note polyphony. The YPT-220 has 32 notes of polyphony and will play back 16 different parts or sounds at once (16-part multi timbrel); enough for the most demanding needs.
Auto Accompaniment Styles
In addition to the 102 songs mentioned above, the YPT-220 also has auto accompaniment styles that "follow" your playing. Simply select a style of music from the 100 built-in Styles (example Rock), play a single note or chord on the left side of the keyboard and play your melody on the right side. The YPT-220 will create a backup band (bass, drums, strings, guitar etc.) and "follow" you through the song. You can play your songs and try different genres of music. It’s both fun and entertaining.
The YPT-220 has a large selection of professional sounding Voices called XGlite. The result is amazing sound quality and 375 Voices for you to choose from, offering compatibility with both 3rd party and Yamaha XG software. Just some of the great sounds you’ll find in this keyboard are trumpets, violins, electric pianos, harpsichord, organ, guitars and bass guitar.
The YPT-220 features MIDI In/Out, Sustain Pedal jack and a Headphone jack for private practice.
- Body Color Black
- Width 945mm (37-3/16")
- Height 118mm (4-5/8")
- Depth 348mm (13-11/16")
- Weight 4.5kg (9lbs., 11oz.)
- Keyboard 61 Keys Organ Style
- Display Custom LCD 92mm x 32mm
- Language English
- Tone Generation Tone Generating Technology AWM Stereo Sampling
- Polyphony (Max.) 32
- Preset Number of Voices Stereo Grand Piano + 361 XGlite + 13 Drum/SFX/SE Kits
- Featured Voices Sound Effect Kit
- Compatibility GM, XGlite
- Reverb 9 types
- Functions Panel Sustain
- Accompaniment Number of Preset Styles 100
- Multi Fingering
- Style Control INTRO, MAIN x 2, FILL-IN, ENDING
- One Touch Setting (OTS)
- Number of Preset Songs 102
- Overall Controls Metronome Yes
- Tempo Range 32 - 280
- Transpose -12 to 0, 0 to +12
- PIANO Button Portable Grand Button
- Lesson/Guide Y.E.S. (Listen & Learn, Timing, Waiting, Chord Dictionary)
Storage and Connectivity
- Connectivity DC IN DC IN 12V
- Headphones x 1
- MIDI In/Out
- AUX Pedal 1 Footswitch (optional)
Amplifiers and Speakers
- Amplifiers 2.5W + 2.5W
- Speakers 12cm x 2
- Power Supply Adaptor (PA-3C/PA-130), or batteries (Six "AA" size, LR6 or equivalent batteries)
- Power Consumption 12W