First of all the PK88 was made to combine it with an expander or software synthesizer - especially for piano sound generators.
he PK88 uses a 76 or 88 keys high quality keyboard with patented real hammer mechanics : the FATAR TP/40 GH. The hammer mechanics used in the PK88 does not compare to low cost hammer mechanics offered by some competitors (not only a simple metal lever beyond each key).
TP/40GH: The new design of the hammer and the return spring application creates the right combination for the press of the keys as on the real Acoustic Piano. 76 & 88 keys, Dynamic rubber contacts, Monophonic Aftertouch available. Four Zones Graded Hammer Action.
The case used is a rugged and easy to carry black flightcase with handle and removable lid that shows its advantage especially during live events.
The MIDI features are limited to what the user of such a keyboard really needs: PK88 transmits MIDI note events with velocity on MIDI channel 1. The velocity resolution is 127 steps. We set a high value on the conversion of the mechanical impact to the MIDI velocity so that it is as close as possible to the behavior of a real piano - within the limited possibilities of MIDI. At the rear panel a double foot switch can be connected to obtain the piano features sustain (MIDI controller #64) and soft pedal (MIDI controller #67). E.g. our VFP2 can be used. At the rear panel you will find also the 2 MIDI outputs (parallel) and the power supply connector.
When you need more sophisticated keyboard features our MIDI keyboards LMK2+ or LMK4+ are available.
- high quality keyboard with real piano style action and patented hammer mechanics (Fatar TP40GH), 76 or 88 keys
- black flightcase with handle and removable lid
- 1 Midi Out
- 1 USB connector, USB2.0, full speed (not high speed), the USB interface outputs the same data as the Midi output)
- 1/4" jack socket for connecting a double foot switch (switches closed at rest required, e.g. Doepfer VFP2)
- new version with USB from early in 2009: second 1/4" jack socket for connecting a foot controller (e.g. Doepfer FP5)
- MIDI channel 1 (can be changed by authorized service personnel
- functions of the foot switches and foot controller # right foot switch: sustain (MIDI controller #64) # left foot switch: soft pedal (MIDI controller #67) # foot controller: volume
- 88 keys: about 135 x 26.5 x 10.5 cm without ball corners
- 88 keys: about 137 x 28 x 12 cm with ball corners
- 76 keys: about 119 x 26.5 x 10.5 cm without ball corners
- 76 keys: about 121 x 28 x 12 cm with ball corners
- Weight: 88 keys: about 20 kg (76 keys: about 18 kg)
- external AC adapter for power supply (AC adapter for 230V AC and European type of mains connector is included, adapters for other voltages or other mains connector types has to be purchased by the customer in his country, 7…12V/300mA DC required)
- : power supply via USB possible (the supply adapter is no longer required if the PK88 is connected to a USB host)