Welcome to the Musician Olympics
Follow in the footsteps of legendary rock and pop stars with the CTK-4000! Over 300 music presets offer useful presetting from A to Z for parameters such as rhythm, tone, tempo, effects etc. Less searching, more playing! And the result can be recorded straight away with the sequencer (6 tracks/5 songs). Encore? No problem with the CTK-4000 sampling function: via the audio input, noises, voices, loops, drum sounds etc. can be recorded directly and played with the keyboard. For example, you can set the keyboard to shout "Hip Hip Hurray" to the player for 10 seconds. The wide range of additional extras offered by the CTK-4000 also deserve applause: arpeggiator, scale tuning, registration memory, octave shift, rhythm editor and much more.
570 AHL tones
The high-quality 570 AHL tones create clear and dynamic sounds, which unfold in all sounds and rhythms found in classical piano pieces, as well as many other genres.
Sound diversity at its best: the CTK-4000 can play up to 48 voices at the same time, turning interpretation of a wide range of musical pieces into a pure pleasure.
61 dynamic touch keys
The 61 ’piano look’ keys give the keyboard a sophisticated, elegant appearance and provide the ideal scope for musical inspiration.
Step-up learning system
The improved step-up learning system from CASIO is based on the principal "learning by playing": as in traditional piano lessons, the practice piece is split up into individual bar sections and learnt step-by-step. The small learning units guarantee motivation and learning success.
Step 1: Listen
Step 2: See and repeat with visual support
Step 3: Remember and play without help
When the "Auto" mode is switched on, a set practice goal must be reached before the next bar section is displayed. With the "Next" mode you can set your own learning speed.
180 rhythms provide you with a colourful overview of the world of music.
Quick access: you can store up to 32 setups (8 benches with 4 memory spaces each) in the registration memory.
A feature with fun factor: the simple sampling of sounds via an external sound source such as MP3 and CD players (via Audio-in) or microphone (via Mic-in) offers interesting effects and amusing compositions. Whether a bar of your favourite musical piece, loops or drum sounds, human voices or noises of any kind – the recorded samples (up to 10 seconds) can be played via the keyboard and effects added as desired.
With the arpeggiator, a chord played on the keyboard is divided into a sequence of individual notes repeated in succession. Perfect for all dance or electro styles!
The "Music Preset Library" contains 305 "one touch settings“ based on popular rock and pop songs. The useful pre-settings for rhythm, tone, tempo, effects etc. makes time-consuming searches for the right settings a thing of the past. This assistant makes playing the "top 300" child’s play!
Rhythm editorPop rhythm with a touch of jazz, jazz rhythm with a shot of pop: with the rhythm editor, elements from different rhythms can be combined and edited. 10 user slots are available for individual style editing.
This practice is fun and exercises your mind too: Music Challenge is a play function where the player has to hit the illuminated keys as fast as possible. On keyboards without illuminated keys, musicians can play via the large LC display: The aim of the game is to hit the correct keys as quickly as possible.
The scale tuning functions open up a whole new world of oriental quarter tones and the tempering of baroque or classical music.
With the Octave Shift function, the keyboard can be transposed by up to two octaves upwards or downwards.
Play or sing along – a solution for the future: connect a CD or MP3 player to the Audio input of your CTK-4000. Your favourite tunes are played via the loudspeakers of the keyboard in "half playback" – you can play along for the keyboard part. A good alternative to MIDI playback, particularly if you don’t want to edit the song.
USB Plug & Play/Song expansion
The USB/MIDI(GM) connection enables further Midfile songs to be loaded into the internal memory via the "Song expansion". No software installation from a CD-ROM required thanks to Plug & Play and the USB driver is compatible with both Mac and Windows (from Mac OSX 10.03 and Windows XP/Vista).
Peaceful enjoyment: the CTK-4000 comes equipped with a headphone connection.
Powerful loudspeaker system
Powerful sound: the amplifier system with four loudspeakers with 2 x 2,5 watt creates a harmonious and uniform sound.
- 61 dynamic touch keys
- Touch Response
- 2 types, Off
- Maximum Polyphony
- 48 notes (24 for certain tones)
- Built-in Tones
- Sampling Tones
- Up to 8 (Melody Sampling: 5, Drum Sampling: 3)
- Up to 10 seconds
- 1 to 10, Off
- 1 to 5, Off
- Beats per Measure: 0, 2 to 6
- Tempo Range: 30 to 255
- Song Bank
- Built-in Songs: 152
- User Songs: Up to 10
- Step Up Lesson
- Lessons: 4 (Listen, Watch, Remember, Auto)
- Lesson Part: L, R, LR
- Functions: Repeat, Voice Fingering Guide, Note Guide, Performance Evaluation
- Music Challenge
- 20 notes
- Auto Accompaniment
- Built-in Rhythms: 180
- User Rhythms: Up to 10 (Accompaniment Edit)
- Real-time recording, playback
- Keyboard Play
- 5 songs, 6 tracks
- Playing Along with a Built-in Song
- 1 song (L, R, LR)
- Memory Capacity
- Approximately 12,000 notes (total for 6 songs)
- Other Functions
- Transpose: ±1 octaves (12 semitones)
- Octave Shift: Upper/Lower ± 2 octaves
- Tuning: A4 = approx. 440 Hz ± 100 cents
- Scale Tuning: Preset Scales
- Music Preset: 305
- One Touch Preset: 180
- Auto Harmonize: 12 types
- Arpeggiator: 90 types
- 16 multi-tone received, GM Level 1 standard
- Musical information Function
- Tone, Rhythm, Song Bank, numbers and names; staff notation, fingering, pedal operation, tempo, measure and beat number, chord name, etc.
- USB port: TYPE B
- Sustain jack: Standard jack (sustain, sostenuto, soft, rhythm start/stop)
- Phones/Output jack: Stereo standard jack; Output Impedance: 200Ω, Output Voltage: 4.5 V (RMS) MAX
- Audio in jack: Stereo mini jack; Input Impedance: 40kΩ, Input Sensitivity: 200mV
- Power jack
- 9 V DC
- Power Supply
- 6 D-size zinc-carbon batteries or alkaline batteries
- Battery Life
- Approximately 5 hours continuous operation on zinc-carbon batteries
- AC Adaptor:
- Auto Power Off
- Approximately 6minutes after last key operation (Operates during battery use only)
- 12 cm x 2 (Output: 2.5 W + 2.5 W)
- Power Consumption
- 9 V = 7.7 W
- 95.0 x 37.6 x 13.0 cm (37 7/16 x 14 13/16 x 5 1/3 inch)
- Approximately 4.6 kg (10.1 lbs) (without batteries)