The CVP-501 has superb tonal response and faithfulness to the original sound created from Pure CF Sampling. The GH keyboard gives you the same kind of touch, weight and feel of a real grand piano. The CVP-501 is packed with hundreds of dynamic voices, including the ultra-realistic, as well as accompaniment styles that give you professional sounding backing tracks for your performance. Other sophisticated features include Internet Direct Connection, comprehensive computer connectivity, 16-track Song recording, and wide variety of effects.
Pure CF Sampling for superb tonality
Yamaha technicians selected a CFIIIS full concert grand with the highest sound quality, and tuned it to the finest possible condition. They then used our unique Pure CF Sampling technique to sample all of its sounds, in order to create the CLP/CVP sound. As a result, you enjoy the same natural tonal response as a top-quality piano.
Large LCD Display
A large LCD display provides attractive graphics and helpful messages for quick access and error-free operation. It provides comprehensive and easy-to-understand control of its operation. The display indicates chords, scores, lyrics, voice and style information, and more.
Graded Hammer (GH) Keyboard
Just as on an actual grand piano, the lower keys are heavy in touch and the higher keys are light, with all the natural gradations in between.
Advanced Wave Memory (AWM) Dynamic Stereo Sampling
The AWM (Advanced Wave Memory) is a sampling system which creates sound close to that of an acoustic instrument by using digital technology to record the instrument sound and applying high-quality digital filter technology to the recorded audio samples. The waveform of the sound created by playing the key of an acoustic piano differs depending on the playing strength from pianissimo to fortissimo. The AWM Dynamic Stereo Sampling can produce such dynamic nuances by recording samples of various playing strengths. The greater the number of samples used, the higher the expressive quality and potential becomes.
The key guide lamps indicate the notes you should play, when you should play them, and how long you should hold them down. You can also practice at your own pace - since the accompaniment waits for you to play the notes correctly. Here, mute the right- or heft-hand part and try practicing the part using the guide lamps.
The auto accompaniment features let you produce automatic accompaniment playback simply by playing "chords" with your left hand. This lets you automatically recreate the sound of a full band or orchestra - even if you’re playing by yourself. The auto accompaniment sound is made up of the rhythm patterns of the styles. The styles of the instrument cover a wide range of different musical genres including pop, jazz, and many others. Using these accompaniment styles lets everybody, even beginners, give accomplished solo performances.
When you want to play in a certain genre of music but don’t know which settings to choose, what can you do? Music Finder has the answer. It offers an extensive range of music styles with pre-programmed voices and effects setups. Search for suitable styles. It instantly call up the best-suited voices, tempo and accompaniment style to match the song name or music style you wish to play. Simply call up a song title and start playing.
USB TO DEVICE Terminal
Insert a USB flash memory in the USB TO DEVICE terminal on the instrument to save or load the registered settings and user songs created on the instrument, as well as read data from the connected device.
USB TO HOST Terminal
Dive in and take advantage of the wide world of computer music software. Connections and setup are exceptionally easy, and you can play back your computer recorded parts with different instrument sounds - all from a single instrument.
LAN Port is for a wired internet connection the same as a LAN terminal you see on a computer. Stay connected and directly access to the Yamaha’s special service "Internet Direct Connection (IDC)" without a computer. Once you’re online with IDC, you can download your favorite contents straight to your instrument. And that’s just the beginning - the fun and excitements start from there!
Online, On-demand Music (IDC)
Bring your instrument online and tap into the worldwide music network! Yamaha has created a new, essential online service for musicians everywhere: Internet Direct Connection (IDC). IDC lets you connect the instrument directly to the Internet, without a computer, letting you delve into thousands of MIDI songs on our custom website, and download your favorite music for playback on the instrument.
This service gives you the capability, by connecting the instrument to the Internet Direct Connection (IDC), of searching for and adding desired panel settings and song data via the IDC to the instrument. For more details about this service, refer to the following website.
- Width 1,372mm (54")
- Height 893mm (35-3/16")
- Depth 595mm (23-7/16")
- Weight 58kg (127lbs., 14oz.)
- Number of Keys 88
- Type Graded Hammer (GH) Keyboard
- Touch Sensitivity Hard2/Hard1/Normal/Soft1/Soft2
- Number of Pedals 3
- Half Pedal Yes
- Functions Volume, Sustain, Sostenuto, Soft, Glide, Song Play/Pause, Style Start/Stop, etc.
- Type Full Dot LCD
- Size 320 x 240 dots
- Color Monochrome
- Contrast Yes
- Score Display Function Yes
- Lyrics Display Function Yes
- Language English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian
- Panel Language English
- Key Cover Key Cover Style Sliding
- Lid Color/Finish Dark Rosewood
- Music Rest Yes
- Tone Generating Technology AWM Dynamic Stereo Sampling
- Number of Dynamic Levels 3
- Number of Polyphony (Max.) 128
- Number of Voices 296 + 480 XG + 15 Drum/SFX Kits + GM2 (+ GS Voices for GS Song playback)
- Featured Voices 3 Natural! Voices, 11 Sweet! Voices, 16 Cool! Voices, 10 Live! Voices, 10 Organ Flutes!
- Custom Sound Creator/Voice Set Yes
- Compatibility XG Yes
- GS Yes
- GM Yes
- GM2 Yes
- XF Yes
- Types Reverb 42 Preset + 3 User
- Chorus 71 Preset + 3 User
- DSP DSP 1: 271 Preset + 3 User, DSP2-4: 128 Preset + 10 User
- Master EQ 5 Preset + 2 User
- Part EQ 27 Parts
- Functions Dual/Layers Yes
- Split Yes
- Mono/Poly Yes
- Accompaniment Styles
- Number of Preset Styles 191
- Featured Styles 151 Pro Styles, 4 Session Styles, 36 Pianist Styles
- Fingering Single Finger, Fingered, Fingered On Bass, Multi Finger, AI Fingered, Full Keyboard, AI Full Keyboard
- Style Control INTRO x 3, MAIN VARIATION x 4, FILL x 4, BREAK, ENDING x 3
- Custom User Styles Yes
- Style Creator Yes
- Other Features Music Finder Yes
- One Touch Setting (OTS) 4 for each Style
- Preset File Format Style File Format GE
- Preset Number of Preset Songs 61
- Recording Number of Songs Unlimited (depending on the storage media’s capacity)
- Recording Number of Tracks 16
- Recording Data Capacity 300KB
- Recording Recording Function Yes
- Compatible Data Format Playback SMF (Format 0 & 1), ESEQ, XF, Style File
- Compatible Data Format Recording SMF (Format 0)
- Registration Number of Buttons 8
- Control Regist. Sequence/Freeze
- Lesson/Guide Lesson/Guide Follow Lights, Any Key, Karao-Key
- Guide Lamp Yes
- Performance Assistant Technology (PAT) Yes
- Demo/Help Demonstration Yes
- Overall Controls Metronome Yes
- Tempo Range 5 - 500, Tap Tempo
- Transpose Yes
- Tuning Yes
- Scale Type 9 types
- Miscellaneous PIANO Button Yes
- Direct Access Yes
Storage and Connectivity
- Internal Memory 1.4MB (for all User Data (Song, Voice, Style, Registration))
- External Drives Optional USB Flash Memory, etc. (via USB to DEVICE)
- Connectivity Headphones x 2
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- AUX IN L/L+R, R
- AUX OUT (L/L+R, R), LEVEL FIXED (L, R)
- AUX Pedal Yes
- USB TO DEVICE x 1
- USB TO HOST Yes
- LAN Yes
Amplifiers and Speakers
- Speakers Amplifiers 20W x 2
- Speakers 16cm x 2 [6 5/16" x 2]
- Included Accessories Headphones Hanger Yes
- Song Book "50 greats for the Piano"
- Internet Direct Connection ( IDC ) Yes