The MP6 features brand new acoustic and electric pianos that underscore a host of tonal improvements throughout the entire soundset. In addition to various PCM organ patches, the MP6 now includes a tonewheel organ simulator, allowing you to dial-in your favourite drawbar positions, then switch on the new amp and rotary speaker effects for that authentic vintage organ growl.
Whether you’re in the studio or out on the road, the MP6 is more than capable of meeting the master piano needs of a professional stage performer. Split the entire keyboard into four independent zones, then assign each one to play internal sounds, trigger external MIDI devices, or control both simultaneously. Adjust the levels for all four zones using real-time faders, then once you’ve found the perfect mix for each song, store the entire panel setup to one of the 256 internal memories (or a USB key) and you’re ready for the gig.
KAWAI RH action
So often stage controllers with superb sounds and such a great panel interface, are let down by a flimsy keyboard action supplied by a third-party vendor. Not the MP6. Its brand new Responsive Hammer action with Let-off mechanism delivers a stunningly realistic piano playing experience, but it’s also built to last. Structural reinforcements make RH the strongest, most rigid plastic action Kawai has ever developed, ensuring keys don’t wobble around from side to side, or creak under pressure when you’re laying down the big chords. And with the same Ivory Touch surfaces found on the MP10 featured as standard, you can be confident that your fingers will remain -firmly on the keys throughout even the most blistering runs.
The MP6’s ‘USB to Device’ connector allows customised sounds, SETUP memories, and recorder songs stored in internal memory to be saved to USB for future gigs, or even exchanged with other MP owners online.
USB memory devices can also be used to play back MP3 or WAV audio files, and SMF song data, allowing performing musicians to play along with professional backing tracks, or learn the chords or melody for a new piece using the A-B loop feature. It is even possible to record and save performances directly as MP3/WAV audio, or SMF song files for emailing to band members, casual listening away from the keyboard, or further editing using an audio workstation.
New EPs, Tonewheel organs, Vintage amp effects
Complementing their impressive variety of acoustic pian sounds, both MP models also features a selection of brand new electric pianos. Classic tines, reeds and clavs - each one lovingly sampled from original vintage instruments to ensure their distinctive characteristics and occasional imperfections are richly preserved.
In addition the MP6 also includes an authentic tonwheel organ simulator, allowing organ enthusiasts to adjust the position of all nine drawbars individually for greater control over their favourite classic tonxheel sounds.
- Keyboard 88 weighted keys with Ivory Touch key surfaces
- Action Responsive Hammer (RH) action with Let-o-ff
- Polyphony max. 192 notes
- Sound Source Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ (PHI)
- Internal Sounds 256 sounds
- Setup Memory 256
- ToneWheel Simulator 12 Tonewheel Simulators for Zone 1
- Amp Simulator Yes, for Zone 1
- Reverb Typs 7 Typs: Plate, Hall 1, Hall 2, Stage 1, Stage 2, Room 1, Room 2
- Effect Typs individual for each Zone: 23 Typs: Chorus, Flanger, Celeste, Ensemble, Delay 1-4, Auto Pan 1-3, Tremolo 1-3, Phaser 1-2, Rotary 1-2, Auto Wah, Pedal Wah, Enhancer, Overdrive
- Recorder Internal: MIDI, 10 Songs, 90.000 Notes; USB Memory: MP3/WAV Recording and Playback, A-B Loop; MMC Control
- USB-to-Device Port for USB memory device to save all settings and songs and Playback MP3/WAV files
- USB-to-Host USB MIDI port
- Display 16 x 2 characters LCD with backlight
- Metronome Beats:1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8; Rhythms: 100
- Controls Pitch Bend Wheel, Modulationwheel, Master Volume, Zone Volume (x4), Zone Edit Selection (x4), Zone On/Off (x4), Real Time Edit Control (x4), Control Mode Switch (x4), SW On/Off, EFX On/Off, Reverb On/Off, Menu Up, Menu Down, Value Up, Value Down, Sound Mode, Setup Mode, (System Mode), Sound /Setup Selection (8x8x4), Store, Transpose, Metronome, MMC Control
- Jacks 6,3mm Jacks for Line Out (L/Mono,R or 2xMono), Headphone, Damper/Soft Pedal, Foot Switch (assignable), Expression (assignable), MIDI In/Out/Thru, USB-to-Host, USB-to-device, Power Switch On/Off
- Dimensions 1355 x 347 x 181 (mm)
- Weight 21,5 kg
- Accessories F-10H Damperpedal with Half-Damper function, Music Rack
- Optional Accessories F-20 Doublepedal with Half-Damper function