Take a little time to play the keyboard – gently at -first, then really dig into it. It’s all there, everything you’d expect from a master piano builder: the quality of the IvoryTouch key surfaces beneath your -fingertips, the smooth, consistent movement of the long wooden keys, and the reassuring grade-weighted touch that feels just like the real thing. Kawai actions are renowned for being the best in the business, and the RM3 Grand action in this new MP is de-finitely no exception.
All eighty-eight black and white keys are crafted entirely from long pieces of wood, pivoting smoothly on a central balance pin, to replicate the familiar ‘seesaw’ motion of an acoustic piano action. When pressed, the back of each key triggers a grade-weighted hammer to play the note, while additional counter-weights are also placed at the front of the bass keys, helping to lighten their heavier touch during pianissimo passages and the let-o-ff simulation recreates the subtle ‘notch’ sensation felt when softly playing the keys of a grand piano.
However a great action counts for nothing if the sounds aren’t up to scratch, and today’s working pianist needs sufficient variety in their board’s main patches if they’re going to cover everything on the setlist. Fortunately this is another area where the MP10 really shines – we’ve quadrupled the amount of sample memory and focused our attention on nailing the sounds that really matter. Brand new acoustic pianos, individually miked and recorded for classical, pop, and jazz, with three distinct variations of each. Recording each of the 88 keys individually in this way – as opposed to stretching the same tone over several di-fferent notes – ensures that the rich harmonic character of the original grand piano is preserved including damper and mechanic noises and many other aspects of the sound.
Complementing their impressive variety of acoustic piano sounds, the MP10 also feature a selection of brand new electric pianos. Classic tines, reeds, and clavs – each one lovingly sampled from original vintage instruments to ensure their distinctive characteristics (and occasional imperfections) are richly preserved. The MP10 offers an AMP simulator with a selection of six different amp types ranging from the crispclean Tweed Deluxe and tender Jazz Combo, to the crunchier growl of a British Blues or UK Class A with direct access to the drive, level and EQ of that amp. Simply select your favourite EP sound, crank up the amp drive, and dig-into vintage keyboard playing heaven. And finally a selection of lush strings, pads, and subsidiary voices for those occasions that require additional layers blended into the mix.
Straightforward, hassle-free operation is another hallmark of a winning stage piano, because when the lights are down and you’re halfway through a set, you really don’t want to be guessing buttons, or thumbing through the owner’s manual. The MP10’s control panel is clearly laid-out, with everything where you’d expect to find it. Each sound section features its own volume fader and dedicated effects, reverb, and parameter controls, while the four freely-assignable centre knobs allow you to tweak multiple characteristics in realtime, without getting lost in pages of menus. In addition a 3-band EQ with parametric mids is onboard.
USB / AUDIO
The MP10 is equipped with USB ports that not only allow the instruments to be connected to a Mac or PC for MIDI use, but also to load and save data directly to USB memory devices. This ‘USB to Device’ functionality allows customised sounds, SETUP memories, and recorder songs stored in internal memory to be saved to USB for future gigs, or even exchanged with other MP owners online. USB memory devices can also be used to play back MP3 or WAV audio files, and SMF song data, allowing performing musicians to play along with professional backing tracks, or simply learn the chords or melody for a new piece.
It is even possible to record and save performances directly as MP3/WAV audio, or SMF song files for emailing to band members, casual listening away from the keyboard, or further editing using an audio workstation. Furthermore, the MP10 also supports recording from external audio sources such as other keyboards or vocals using the instrument’s convenient LINE IN jacks. Adjust the input level from a dedicated panel fader, select the preferred audio format, then press record – the MP takes care of the rest. Produce crystal-clear digital recordings of all your performances, without ever having to leave the keyboard.
- Action RM3 Grand with Let-Off
- Keyboard 88 wooden keys with IvoryTouch key surfaces
- Polyphony max. 192 notes
- Sound Source Ultra Progressive Harmonic Imaging® (UPHI)
- PIANO Section Concert Grand, Studio Grand, Mellow Grand, Pop Piano, Bright Pop Piano, Mellow Pop Piano, Jazz Grand 1, Jazz Grand 2, Standard Grand
- E.PIANO Section Tine EP 1, Tine EP2, Tine EP3, Reed EP 1, Reed EP 2, Reed EP 3, Modern EP, Clavi 1, Clavi 2
- SUB Section Hybrid Strings, Hybrid Ensemble, Beautiful Strings, Pad 1, Pad 2, String Pad, Vibraphone, Harpsichord, Choir
- MIDI Section Channel, Local On/Off, Volume, MMC Transport, Split, 2x4 Controller, PRG, Bank, etc…
- Setup Memory 156 (A-Z x 6)
- AMP Simulator 6 amp types, each with Drive, Level and 3-Band EQ (E.Piano Section only)
- Effects 25 types, each with Dry/Wet, Speed, Depth, Rate
- Reverb 7 types, each with Time, PreDelay and Depth
- EQ 3-Band EQ (Lo, Mid, Mid-Freq, Hi), plus Master EQ
- Recorder MIDI internal 10 songs, 90.000 notes, MIDI-to-Audio conversion
- Recorder AUDIO direct to USB memory; Recording: MP3/WAV with Overdub, Line IN is recorded as well; Playback: MP3/WAV with A-B Loop
- Metronome 10 beats, 100 Drum Pattern, Tempo, Level
- Display 128 x 64 Pixel LCD back-lighted
- Jacks XLR Outs with Ground Lift, Line Out 6,3mm (L/Mono,R oder 2xMono), Line In 6,3mm (L/Mono,R), Headphones, Damper/Soft Pedal, Foot Switch (assignable), Expression (assignable), MIDI In / Out / Thru, USB-to-host, USB-to-device, AC IN, Powerswitch On/Off
- Weight in kg 31,8
- Dimensions 1380 x 428 x 185 (mm)
- Accessories F-20 Double Pedal with Half-Damper function, Music Rack, AC cord and owners manual included