The new range of premium Kawai digital instruments pursue these very same principles, marrying together stunning polished cabinet parts (meticulously prepared in our own acoustic piano finishing facility) with modern sound and keyboard technologies. The result is the Classic Series – a collection of luxurious, elegant pianos that deliver a truly exceptional musical experience.
RM3 Grand wooden-key action with Ivory Touch key surface and ‘Let-Of’ mechanism
This CS9 digital piano utilises Kawai’s latest RM3 Grand wooden-key action, incorporating various grand piano action characteristics, such as contrasting hammer weights - appropriately graded for each playing range - bass key counterbalancing, and correctly located pivot points for both black and white keys. This unique ‘seesaw’ movement provides a consistent, evenly balanced action, while inely textured Ivory Touch key surfaces not only enhance the enjoyment of playing, but also help to absorb moisture, thus preventing ingers from slipping.
In addition, the CS9 keyboard action is further equipped with a special ‘Let-Of’ feature, accurately recreating the subtle ‘click’ sensation felt when playing the keys of a grand piano very gently.
Ultra Progressive Harmonic Imaging (UPHI) with 88-key piano sampling
The new Classic Series instruments oﬀer a highly detailed acoustic portrait, employing Progressive and Ultra Progressive Harmonic Imaging sound technology to ensure smooth tonal transitions across the keyboard and throughout the entire dynamic range
This CS9 digital piano captures the beautiful sound of Kawai’s highly acclaimed hand-built concert grand piano, with all 88 keys of this exceptional instrument meticulously recorded, analysed and faithfully reproduced using proprietary Ultra Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ technology. This unique process accurately recreates the broad dynamic range of the original grand piano, affording pianists an extraordinary level of expressiveness ranging from the softest pianissimo to the strongest, boldest fortissimo.
Additional effects and techniques such as string and damper resonance, and subtle release sounds are also applied, delivering a rich selection of vibrant piano tones with breathtaking realism and authenticity. This fully enriched sound is then channelled through the CS9’s power speaker system, harnessing a real wooden soundboard to faithfully reproduce the unmistakable warmth and ambience of an acoustic instrument.
USB to Device functionality, with MP3/WAV files recording and playback.
The CS9 digital piano is equipped with USB connectors that not only allow the instrument to be connected to a computer for MIDI use, but also to load and save data to USB memory devices directly. This ‘USB to Device’ feature allows songs recorded and stored in internal memory to be saved to USB for posterity, or standard MIDI iles (SMF) downloaded from the internet to be conveniently played back without additional hardware.
USB memory devices can also be used to play back MP3 or WAV audio files, allowing musicians to learn the chords or melody for a new piece, or to simply play along with their favourite songs. It is even possible to save performances as MP3 or WAV files for emailing to friends and family, listening to on an iPod, or for further editing using an audio workstation.
- Keyboard 88 wooden keys with Ivory Touch key surfaces
- Action RM3 Grand with Let-off
- Sound Source Ultra Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ (UPHI)
- Internal Sounds 80 voices
- Polyphony max. 192 notes
- Display 16 x 2 characters LCD
- Reverb Room 1, Room 2, Stage, Hall 1, Hall 2
- Effects Chorus, Delay 1, Delay 2, Delay 3, Tremolo, Rotary 1, Rotary 2
- Recorder 10 song, 2 track recorder - 90,000 notes
- USB Functions Play MP3/WAV/MID, Record MP3/WAV, Convert Song to Audio, Load/Save Recorder song
- Demo Songs 36 songs + 29 Piano Music pieces
- Concert Magic 176 songs
- Lesson Function Alfred course books, Classical finger exercises
- Virtual Technician Voicing, Damper Resonance, String Resonance, Damper Noise, Hammer Delay, Fall-back Noise, Key Off Effect, User Touch Curve, Temperament, Stretch Tuning
- Registrations 8 memories
- Other Features Dual, Split, Dual/Split Balance Adjust, Four Hands Mode, Key/Song Transpose, Tuning, Metronome (with 100 rhythms), Registrations, Preset/User EQ, Speaker/Headphone Volume, Auto Power Off
- Finish Black polished
- Key Cover Fallboard
- Jacks MIDI (IN/OUT/THRU), USB (to Host, to Device), LINE IN (L/MONO, R), LINE IN Level Adjust, STEREO IN, LINE OUT (L/MONO, R), Headphones x 2
- Pedals Damper (with Half-Pedal support), Sostenuto, Soft
- Speakers 13 cm x 2 + 5 cm x 2 plus 132 cm x 53 cm Soundboard Speaker System
- Output Power 2 x 50W plus 35W Transducer
- Dimensions in cm (W x D x H) 151 x 54 x 105
- Weight in kg 102