This impressive instrument utilises the new Responsive Hammer keyboard action, offering premium features such as let-off simulation and Ivory Touch key surfaces to absorb moisture and aid control.
With a traditional furniture design and attractive Premium Rosewood, Cherry, Mahogany, and Black Satin finishes complementing the exceptional touch and authentic tone of this charming instrument, the CN33 truly establishes a new standard in digital piano performance, quality, and value.
The new Responsive Hammer keyboard action has been developed to represent the distinctive touch of a traditional grand piano, with its remarkable springless design providing consistent upward and downward motion for a smooth, more natural, piano playing experience. This improved action also features KAWAI’s Ivory Touch key surface material, with the fine texture helping to absorbing moisture and aid control.
Moreover, just as acoustic pianos utilise heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers, the RH Action also employs different hammer weights, appropriately graded for each playing range, while the realistic let-off simulation recreates the delicate ‘notch’ sensation felt when gently playing the keys of a grand piano. Such attention to detail allows greater stability during fortissimo passages, while preserving delicate pianissimo control, to satisfy the demands of even the most discerning pianist.
The new CN33 captures the beautiful sound of KAWAI’s highly acclaimed, hand-built concert grand piano, with all 88 keys of this exceptional instrument meticulously recorded, analysed, and faithfully reproduced using the very latest Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ technology.
This unique process accurately recreates the broad dynamic range of the original piano, offering even greater tonal detail than the existing Harmonic Imaging™ standard, while also providing the source for a selection of additional high-quality instrument sounds. Finally, string resonance, reverb and damper effects are applied, delivering rich tones with breathtaking realism and stunning authenticity.
The convenient lesson feature allows aspiring pianists to learn the piano using a built-in collection of etudes from Czerny, Burgmüller and Beyer, or songs from the popular Alfred Basic, Adult and Premier course books. The left and right hand parts of each piece can be practiced separately, adjusting the tempo to perfect difficult passages, before being recorded and played back for self-evaluation.
An intuitive recording function is also featured as standard across the CN Series range, with the CN33 capable of storing up to 3 two-track recorder songs in memory. Recorder songs can then be saved to and loaded from USB memory, which also allows the vast selection of widely accessible SMF MIDI files to be heard through the instrument’s exquisite Progressive Harmonic Imaging sound engine.
In addition to these impressive internal features, considerable attention has also been paid to the external appearance of the CN33, with traditionally styled cabinet accents and beautiful Premium finishes combining to lend distinctive character to this exceptional instrument.
- Action RH Action with let-off, 88 weighted keys with Ivory Touch key surfaces
- Sounds 36
- Sound Source Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ System with 88 key sampling
- Polyphony max. 96 Notes
- Reverb 5: Room 1, Room 2, Stage, Hall 1, Hall 2
- Effects Chorus, Tremolo, Delay 1, Delay 2, Delay 3, Rotary 1, Rotary 2
- Lesson Function Alfred Lesson Books
- Dual-Mode Yes
- Split-Mode Yes, Splitpoint is freely assignable
- 4-Hand-Mode Yes
- Key Velocity Light 1, Light 2, Normal, Heavy 1, Heavy 2, off
- Recorder 3 Songs, 2 Tracks, max. 15.000 Notes
- Other Features Damper Effect, String Resonance, Transpose, MIDI-Multi-Mode, Tuning, historic Temperaments, Layer Octave Shift, Lower Octave Shift, Lower Pedal On/Off, Damper Hold, Panel Lock
- LED-Display Yes
- Metronome Beats: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8; Tempo: 10-300 BPM
- Demo Songs 30
- Concert Magic Songs 88
- Pedals 3: Damper (Half-Pedal), Sostenuto, Soft
- Finish Premium Rosewood, Premium Mahogany, Premium Cherry, Satin Black or Premium Satin White
- Key Lid Yes
- Jacks Headphones x 2, Line In, Line Out, MIDI In/Out, USB (to Host), USB (to Device)
- Speakers 16 cm x 2
- Amplifier 20 Watt x 2
- Dimensions (WxDxH) in cm 138 x 47 x 88
- Weight in kg 54
- Kawai CN-43 Grand Piano
CN23, CN33 and CN43 digital pianos comparison