This edition of the prized 1962 Gibson SG boasts the power and merciless sustain you expect to shake you all night long. It’s constructed of a Mahogany neck set to a Mahogany body with twin Alnico Classic Humbucker pickups.
Built for Classic SG Performance: Put on your short pants and prepare yourself to reach all 22 frets on this carved SG Mahogany body with a hand-fitted and glued-in Slim-Taper™ Mahogany neck and a smooth Rosewood fingerboard. At the heart of this SG’s classic rock tone is a pair of high-output Alnico Classic (neck) and Alnico Classic Plus (bridge) Humbuckers, each with separate volume and tone controls that feature full-size 500K potentiometers matched with Epiphone’s rugged all-metal 3-way toggle pickup selector switch for long-life and rock-solid performance. Add Epiphone’s exclusive LockTone™ Tune-o-matic bridge and Stop-bar tailpiece and you’ve got even more devilish sustain! For ultimate tuning stability and accuracy the G-400 features superior Grover machine heads and is available in Ebony finish or the iconic Cherry finish. It also comes in a Left-handed model in Cherry finish.
Backed By The Folks Who Invented SG Tone: The Epiphone G-400 guitar comes with the famous Epiphone Lifetime Limited Warranty, featuring Gibson 24/7/360 Customer Service and Support and warrants the instrument against defects in materials or workmanship. Play one today at your favorite Authorized Epiphone Dealer.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Set Neck
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Grover 14:1 Ratio
- Neck Pickup: Alnico Classic ™ Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Alnico Classic Plus ™ Humbucker
- Controls: 1-Neck Volume, 1-Neck Tone. 1Bridge Volume, 1-Bridge Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch, Epiphone All-Metal
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: LockTone™ Stopbar
- Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime