The Nord Electro 3 is compatible with the Nord Piano Library, a continuously expanding sound library filled with amazing grand pianos, uprights, vintage electric pianos, clavinets and harpsichords.
The Electro 3 HP additionally features a Long Release mode that adds a slightly longer release to Piano sounds, suitable for playing Legato Piano parts. The Electro 3 HP also has a dedicated button for disabling the String Resonance feature temporarily.
Nord Sample Library and Sample Editor
The included Nord Sample Editor makes it possible to add any sound you want to the Electro 3. The Sample Editor can use audio files in the .wav format and has great tools to assist you in getting the results you want. Mapping several samples across the keyboard or creating seamless loops has never been easier.
The Electro 3 series has 68 MB of dedicated sample memory and our efficient lossless compression algorithm makes it possible for us to use samples of up to three times the size compared to a standard linear sample player.
Rotary speaker simulation
The rotary speaker simulation originates from the award winning Nord C1 Combo Organ, acclaimed for its sound quality. The rotary speaker incorporates the acoustic variations that occur when a physical speaker spreads the sound in a room, providing the full experience of when air is moved around.
The Electro 3’s rotary also features a great function in the addition of the Rotary Stop Mode. This allows users to switch between fast and stopped rotation and back again by using either the controls on the panel or with a foot pedal connected to the Rotor Pedal input. This is a crucial functionality that mimics the behavior of early one-speed original rotary speaker units.
The Nord Electro 3 is equipped with a great selection of high quality effects including a lush sounding reverb with five different reverb types. There is also a selection of tremolo, panning, wah-wah, phaser, flanger, chorus effects, and a ring modulator.
The new Electro 3 HP additionally features a flexible Delay effect with Tap-Tempo, Rate, Amount and a stereo Ping-Pong mode.
The Electro 3 HP has 4 Live locations, the Electro 3 has one. Also the Program memory of the Electro 3 HP is organized in 4 Program Banks with 32 Pages each.
The Electro 3 HP has improved support for Control Pedals. The following pedals are compatible: Yamaha FC7, Roland EV-7, Roland EV-5, Korg EXP2 and Korg XVP10.
- 73-key (6 octaves, E-E) Hammer Action Portable keyboard
- Organ section from the acclaimed Nord C1 Combo Organ
- Three classic organ models: B3, Vox Continental, and Farfisa with full polyphony
- 9 digitally controlled drawbars
- Two complete organ registrations for every program
- The drawbars of Electro 3 are represented by up/down buttons and LED bar graphs instead of the ordinary mechanical drawbars. This gives you a big advantage: when you change programs, the correct drawbar settings are shown immediately by the LEDs
- 17 user configurable organ presets for each organ model
- Percussion with 2nd, 3rd, normal/soft, fast/slow for the B3 model
- User adjustable percussion levels, percussion decays and keyclick level
- Vibrato / Chorus Control with separate functionality for each model (the classic C1, C2, C3, V1, V2, V3 options for the B3, Vibrato for the Farfisa)
- 4 Tonewheel modes: select the level of "vintage" you wish to have in your B3 sound
- MIDI Split: The Nord Electro 3 is designed to support an extra MIDI keyboard when the Organ Split mode is activated. This makes it possible to use the Nord Electro 3 as a dual manual (Lower/Upper) organ with different drawbar settings for each manual
PIANO AND SAMP LIB SECTION
- 5 selectable types of pianos - Grand, Upright, EPiano, Wurl & Clav/Harpsichord. Each type can contain several different models
- 185 MB of the flash memory is allocated to the piano types
- Each and every piano in the Electro 3 is replacable by the user. New models can be uploaded to the Electro 3 using the Nord Sound Manager application
- String Resonance (Generation 1)
- The Sample Library section can contain up to 50 samples from the Nord Sample Library
- 68 MB of the flash memory is allocated to samples
- Stereo pianos and samples can be played back in mono
- 40-60 Voices polyphony
- String Resonance-control (ON/OFF)
- 4 Selectable Dynamic Response Curves
- Effect 1 - pan, tremolo, auto-wah, pedal-wah and ringmodulator
- Three selectable depths for the pan and tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Control pedal assigned to pedah-wah and ring modulator depth
- Effect 2 - phaser, flanger and chorus
- Three selectable depths, rate controlled with the Effect 2 Rate knob
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, compressor and rotary speaker
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Rotary speed controls - Slow, Fast and Stopped
- User adjustable rotary treble and bass rotor speeds and acceleration rates
- Reverb with five algorithms - Room, Stage Soft, Stage, Hall, Hall Soft
- Dry/Wet control
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Delay Effect - Rate, Amount, Tap-tempo and Stereo Ping Pong
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Control pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- 1 Sustain pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc.
- 1 Rotary Speaker speed switch pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal or a switch type pedal
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector
- IEC320 C7 power connector
- Extended Control Pedal support Yamaha FC7, Roland EV-7, Roland EV-5, Korg EXP2 and Korg XVP10.
- 1078 mm (42.4"), 121 mm (4.8"), 344 mm (13.5")
- 11 kg (24.25 lbs)