The WK-6500 can be adapted to meet your own musical requirements and is therefore best suited to dedicated keyboard pros. Edit and create new tones and rhythms, add effects and save individual creations — using the various composition tools, every musician can easily compose and produce their own hits. Besides the internal mixing desk (32-channel mixer) and 48-note polyphony, this high-grade keyboard offers numerous popular tones and rhythms.
The touch-sensitive piano-look keys allow for expressive, nuanced playing.
670 AHL tones
The high-quality 670 AHL tones create clear and dynamic sounds, which unfold in all sounds and rhythms found in classical piano pieces, as well as many other genres.
200 rhythms provide you with a colourful overview of the world of music.
The arpeggiator "splits" a chord played on the keyboard into a sequence of individual notes and automatically plays them back. Perfect for all dance and electro styles!
Create and store up to 100 of your own tones simply by changing any of the 800 integrated tones using parameters such as attack and release times, filter cut-off, vibrato, reverb send and chorus send.
Pop rhythms with a touch of jazz, jazz rhythms with a touch of pop: Combine and edit elements from different rhythms using the rhythm editor. This function allows you to change the bass phrase or the drum sound for example. Ten user spaces are available for individual rhythms edits.
Sound diversity at its best: The WK-6500 can play up to 48 notes at the same time, turning interpretation of a wide range of musical pieces into a pure pleasure.
Quicker access: Tone, rhythm, tempo and other settings detail can be adjusted, stored and easily called up again by means of the registration function (32 storage locations, eight banks with four presets each). A wonderful stage feature.
The "Music Preset Library" contains 305 "one touch settings“ based on popular rock and pop songs. The useful pre-settings for rhythm, tone, tempo, effects etc. makes time-consuming searches for the right settings a thing of the past. This assistant makes playing the "top 300" child’s play!
The scale tuning function opens up a whole new world of oriental quarter-tones and tempering in classical/baroque music.
16-track sequencer (recorder)
The song sequencer allows you to quickly and easily record your own ideas in real time (capacity: 12,000 notes). This feature allows you to record 16 tracks plus an additional system track. The sequencer not only records the keyboard in real time, but also acts as a step sequencer, with which you can enter the duration and pitch of the notes manually. Sounds can also be changed on a note-by-note basis.
Top-quality DSP effects
Everything you need: 100 DSP effects, ten reverb effects and five chorus effects all integrated to supplement the sound range of your keyboard. You can also create and store up to 100 additional DSP variations.
The internal mixing desk comprises 16 tracks for instruments including an automatic accompaniment feature and 16 tracks for the sequencer. Volume, panorama position, reverb send and various other parameters can be adjusted individually for each channel, and sounds from external sources can be integrated too.
Play or sing along – a solution for the future: connect a CD or MP3 player to the Audio input of your WK-500. Your favourite tunes are played via the loudspeakers of the keyboard in "half playback" – you can play along for the keyboard part. A good alternative to MIDI playback, particularly if you don’t want to edit the song.
Fit for the stage: The line-out enables you to connect your high grade keyboard with stage equipment such as loud speakers and mixers or your stereo system at home.
SD memory cards
Extend the functionality of the instrument simply by using conventional SD or SDHC memory cards of up to 32 GB. It’s easy to store your ideas from the song sequencer, pattern sequencer, your sound creations, MIDI recordings or your audio recordings (WK-7500, CTK-7000) for playback at a later stage.
Pitch bend wheel
Playing aids such as the pitch bend wheel allow you to infinitely adjust the pitch of the notes being played, meaning playing techniques associated with instruments such as the guitar or saxophone can be authentically reproduced.
Plug & play USB interface for easy data exchange (MIDI communication) between the instrument and a computer.
Helping you keep track: the convenient LC display enables you to view important information at a glance.
Two-way speaker system
The two-way bass reflex system with four loudspeakers creates a full, harmonious sound across the entire tone and frequency range.
- 76 standard-size keys
- Touch Response: 2 types, Off
- Maximum Polyphony
- 48 notes (24 for certain tones)
- Built-in Tones: 670
- User Tones: Up to 10 (Tone Editor)
- Functions: Layer, Split
- 1 to 10, Off
- 1 to 5, Off
- Preset DSP: 100
- User DSP: Up to 100
- Beats per Measure: 0, 2 to 6
- Tempo Range: 30 to 255
- Auto Accompaniment
- Built-in Rhythms: 200
- User Rhythms: Up to 10 (Rhythm Editor)
- Demo Songs
- 5 songs
- 32 (4 setups × 8 banks)
- Song Sequencer
- Real-time recording, playback
- Keyboard Play: 5 songs, 17 tracks
- Memory Capacity: Approximately 12,000 notes (total for 5 songs)
- 32 parts (A01-A16/B01-B16)
- Master parameters, DSP parameters, Part parameters
- MIC/INST parameters
- Other Functions
- Transpose: ±1 octaves (–12 to +12 semitones)
- Octave Shift: UPPER 1/UPPER 2/LOWER ±2 octaves
- Tuning: A4 = 415.5 - 440.0 - 465.9Hz
- Scale Tuning: Scale Fine Tune, Preset Scales
- Music Preset: 305 built-in, plus 50 user presets
- One Touch Preset: 200
- Auto Harmonize: 12 types
- Arpeggiator: 150 types
- 16 multi-timbre received, GM Level 1 standard
- Pitch Bend Wheel
- Pitch Bend Range: 0 to 12 semitones
- Memory Cards
- Supported Memory Cards: SD or SDHC memory cards, 32GB or less
- Functions: SMF playback, file storage, file recall, file delete, card format
- USB port: TYPE B
- Sustain/Assignable jack: Standard jack (sustain, sostenuto, soft, start/stop)
- Phones jack: Stereo standard jack
- Line Out R, L/MONO jacks: Standard jack x 2
- -** Output Impedance: 2.3kΩ, Output Voltage: 1.5V (RMS) MAX Audio In jack: Stereo mini jack
- -** Input Impedance: 9kΩ, Input Sensitivity: 200mV Mic In jack: Standard jack (connect a dynamic microphone only)
- -** Input Impedance: 3kΩ, Input Sensitivity: 10mV
- Power Jack
- 12V DC
- Power Supply
- Batteries: 6 D-size zinc-carbon batteries or alkaline batteries
- Battery Life: Approximately 4 hours continuous operation on alkaline batteries
- AC Adaptor: AD-A12150LW
- Auto Power Off: Approximately 6 minutes after last key operation (during battery use), approximately 4 hours after last key operation (during AC adaptor use)
- 12cm × 2 + 3cm × 2 (Output: 6.0W + 6.0W)
- Power Consumption
- 12V = 18W
- 118.7 × 39.9 × 14.9 cm (46 3/4 × 15 3/4 × 5 7/8 inch)
- Approximately 7.9kg (17.4 lbs) (without batteries)